Shoden-ji is a small temple in the northern suburb of Kyoto. It was built in 1282 by the Rinzai sect. Its dry garden was restored in the 1930s by Shigemori Mirei. The dry garden is covered with white gravel, but without stones. The pruned azaleas in grouping of 3-5-7 take the place of rocks. Over the white wall of the garden appears Mount Hiei as a “borrowed scenery” (Mt. Hiei is incorporated into the garden).