Tenju-an, another sub-temple of Nanzen-ji was built in 1337, destroyed in the 15th century and reconstructed at the end of the 16th century. In front of the Main Hall lies a dry garden with its geometrical stepping stones which date from 1338. It runs from the main gate to the Hojo and consists in square and rectangular stones embedded in the moss and gravel. To the south of the Hojo lies a stroll garden with two ponds.